BioSqueeze, Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company headquartered in the state of Montana with facilities in US and Canada including Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our primary product is BioSqueeze® which is our novel well sealing technology used to solve annular gas issues in the oil and gas industry. Simply put, we provide the most reliable solution for eliminating methane leaks from oil and gas wells.
We are looking for a Pittsburgh, PA based highly motivated mechanically oriented operations field technician with collaborative team skills. Initially you will become familiar with the operation of our field equipment in field locations across the U.S. Once qualified you will take lead in field operations in the Appalachian Region of setting up our equipment to mitigate annular gas issues on oil and gas wells using our proprietary process. Your input on process issues, design improvements, and improved operational efficiency will help our engineering and design teams develop our next generation of field equipment along with best pumping practices. You will report to and be supported by Operations Engineers.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Clients (rig crews and wellsite superintendents) and BioSqueeze Operations Engineers to execute onsite well work focused on pumping our proprietary cutting edge fluid system to seal poorly cemented well annuli.
- Operations Engineers will perform the pumping of the fluid systems while you support them on location.
- Drive equipment to and from shop to wellsite.
- Rig up hoses and electric connections from pumping equipment to generator.
- Become acquainted with the equipment, controls, and operation of our current microbial growth system, our field pumping system, and related systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with field equipment.
- Work closely with mechanics and other staff to keep equipment operational at field locations.
- Maintain equipment (oil changes, tire rotations, replace plug and play parts)
- Communicate effectively with customer representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Represent the company’s values and commitment of excellence to the customer. Perform work safely and responsibly.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 1 year of applicable field experience in the Oil and Gas Industry, working in remote locations with minimal supervision.
- Competent to drive trucks (F350-F650 equivalent) pulling trailers.
- Ability to travel out of the Appalachian Area up to 60% of the time for the first 12-months of employment and then travel up to 20% of the time thereafter.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Clean driving record and the ability to assist the team getting equipment (Both CDL and non-CDL trucks and trailers) to the customer sites.
- Ability to get Passport and enter other Countries such as Canada.
- Clean Safety Record.
- Prepared to work in hot and cold environments.
- Experience in roustabout work for oil and gas operations.
- Knowledge of well work, rigs, wellheads, BOP’s, and associated best safety practices.
- Experience with operating pumps and trucks in the oil field.
- Experience with process instrumentation and control logic. Experience with control systems.
- Experience with gas monitoring a plus.
- CDL license
- Must pass drug and alcohol screening tests, both initially and periodically as an ongoing condition of employment.
- Must pass physical examination.
- Will be asked to pass a CDL training course.
- Potential opportunities for growth to move to other major basins (Canada, TX, etc.) to manage field teams.